Think Spring: 8 Popular Spring Flowers
Spring is the ideal time of year to enjoy fresh flowers. All across the country, many types of flowers are blooming, so why not take time to enjoy them for yourself? Flower Works offers a wide variety of spring flowers that can brighten up a home office or show the special people in your life how much they mean to you.
If you’re thinking of buying flowers for yourself or sending some as gifts this spring, it’s a good idea to choose some of the most popular varieties. Browse through the following list and think about which ones you might enjoy the most and which ones could make beautiful gifts for your friends, family, and other special people in your life.
The Most Popular Spring Flower Varieties
There are countless types of flowers that bloom in the spring, but a handful of them tend to be the most popular. If you’re not sure which types of flowers the special people in your life enjoy, then starting with the following list is a great choice:
- Daffodils. Quite possibly the flower most commonly associated with springtime, most people mark that spring has arrived by the blooming of daffodils. These flowers are most often seen in yellow and white and bloom very early in the spring.
- Irises. These flowers bloom in many different shades and are beautiful, bright, and vibrant in any home. They’re also wonderful when planted correctly outside.
- Tulips. Tulips have been grown in many places across the world for over one thousand years and for good reason. They’re incredibly beautiful and grow in various shades of bold colors, from pastel pinks to bright oranges, reds, and yellows.
- Bloodroots. These delicate white blooms open and close with the day/night cycle, exposing their petals fully in the sun and then curling up slightly at sunset.
- Lilacs. These flowers grow in many different colors and bloom in tight bunches, making them ideal additions to any spring bouquet.
- Primroses. Primroses are hardy perennial flowers that grow in many places all over the world. They typically have yellow centers and bloom in white, yellow, and shades of red, blue, and purple.
- Hyacinths. One of the most uniquely shaped spring flowers, hyacinths are ideal additions to spring bouquets and floral arrangements. You’ll find bushy bunches of these curly blooms in blues, pinks, purples, and white.
- Forsythias. These woody bushes grow with rows of bright yellow blooms that look quite similar to daffodils. Also like daffodils, they’re one of the earliest spring blooms you’ll see year after year and are some of the most popular flowering shrubs in the country.
These spring flowers are ideal additions to floral arrangements and bouquets given as gifts this spring, and some of them are also perfect for planting around your own garden. If you’re interested in giving these spring blooms as gifts this year, contact Flower Works in Marquette, MI to see what we have in stock.