Consider Sending Flowers for These Popular Celebrations
Posted on August 21, 2020 by Andrea Forsberg
Flower arrangements are one of the primary ways people celebrate significant occasions and holidays; they can increase health and well-being, can be ordered for delivery, and present a beautiful token of your esteem. Here at Flower Works, we take pride in creating beautiful, unique arrangements that help you celebrate the occasions in your life, and we don’t want you to miss a single opportunity to enjoy the beauty of flowers. To help, we’ve developed a list of the most popular floral occasions.
Popular Flower-Giving Celebrations
These occasions are the most popular for flower-giving in the US:
- Anniversaries. Whether you’re celebrating a marriage or the beginning of a relationship—whether it’s been a decade or a year—flowers are an essential part of most anniversary celebrations. Present your significant other with roses, which are the traditional flower of love, or even a mixed floral arrangement to celebrate your years together. If you’re tasked with giving an anniversary gift to friends, a potted plant in a beautiful container can be a symbol of lasting commitment.
- Birthdays. Cut flowers, potted plants, or even a hanging basket can make the perfect birthday gift for the important person on your list. Be sure to include a thoughtful note along with your floral arrangement. If you forgot until the last minute, don’t stress, local orders are perfect for same-day delivery.
- Graduations. Whether your loved one is celebrating graduation from high school, college—or even a significant milestone school like law school, medical school, or another grad school—flowers can be the perfect way to say congratulations. Send cut flowers your loved one can enjoy on graduation day or a potted plant that will last well into the years ahead.
- Births/Get Well Soon. A birth is an immensely joyous occasion best celebrated with a thoughtful floral arrangement delivered directly to the hospital. Other hospitalizations—including surgeries, illnesses, and other procedures—call for flowers, too. Just be sure to check with the institution to ensure you select a hypoallergenic arrangement like roses, carnations, and daffodils.
- Valentine’s Day. Considered by most the king of flower-giving holidays, Valentine’s Day is a yearly date on which you can express your love. Choose red roses for the traditional Valentine’s Day gift, or select something more creative from an online selection of themed arrangements. Whichever you choose, select delivery on Valentine’s Day itself to ensure your flower arrangement relays the right message.
- Mother’s Day. Another popular flower-giving holiday, Mother’s Day is a special day on which you can tell mom just how much you love her. Traditionally, daisies, tulips, lilies, and roses can show your gratitude for all your mother has done for you. If you don’t live nearby, choose flower delivery to make sure she receives your gift before the big day.
- Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa. When you’re visiting friends and family over the holiday season, it’s traditional to bring a poinsettia mixed with greens as a gift to present to the hosts. Alternatively, white lilies are a popular gift to give on one of the eight days of the Festival of Lights, while Kwanzaa arrangements are sometimes given in the theme colors of black, green, and red. Whichever holiday your family celebrates, don’t neglect to bring a floral arrangement.
Flowers for Every Occasion
Of course, you don’t always need a special occasion to send flowers. Surprising your loved one with flowers “just because” is one of the most heartwarming ways to show you care. Whatever the occasion, treat the special people in your life with a beautiful flower arrangement.
Whether you need online flower delivery or prefer to choose your flowers in person, Flower Works is here to help. Our dedicated florists have made our flower shop in Marquette, MI, the first choice for same-day flowers. Contact us online or call (906) 273-1335 today.
Flowers for every occation