5 Thanksgiving Centerpiece Ideas
Thanksgiving is right around the corner, and it’s time to start planning your holiday dinner. The holidays are a time for creating a dinner that shows those gathered around the table how special and grateful we are to have them with us. That means that the setting should be just as memorable as the food. Creating a unique Thanksgiving centerpiece for your table is an opportunity to make this year’s family gathering a truly special occasion. Here are some ideas to inspire you.
Five Creative Thanksgiving Centerpieces
When deciding on your Thanksgiving centerpiece, keep your style in mind. Is it casual, or does an elegant dinner table speak to you? Keep your centerpiece’s height low enough to allow conversation between guests or use a tall centerpiece for a side table display. If incorporating candles in your design, make sure they are not left unattended.
- Fresh flower wreaths. Wreaths are always a great classic holiday choice. Choose flowers such as hydrangea, roses, rice flowers, rosehips, and succulents. These will all dry beautifully and last longer than many other flowers. Add ribbons or bits of sparkle to your design to match your décor. Add a candle in a glass globe to the center to add a warm glow to your arrangement.
- Seasonal display. Use pumpkins and fall leaves to create a centerpiece that honors the season. You can paint your pumpkin white and add notes of gratitude to the outside using a paint pen. Mini pumpkins make wonderful place holders. Pumpkins can also be used as vases to hold seasonal flowers such as mums. Bring in other natural elements such as branches or feathers to keep your centerpiece natural and rustic.
- Fresh greenery and fruit. A simple and elegant Thanksgiving centerpiece can be made using fresh greenery, various sizes of white pillar candles, and fresh citrus fruits. A simple arrangement of greenery and pears becomes more elegant with adhesive decals in tones of gold or silver. Depending on your décor, you can incorporate wooden candle holders or brass holders for the candles.
- Make it edible. Why not make dessert the star of the table? Create a centerpiece using pies on various sized pedestals, or flatten pumpkin tops to use as cake stands. Or hollow out a large cabbage and fill it with florist foam or a waterproof container. Add your favorite blooms and scatter vegetables such as artichokes and Brussel sprouts to complete the design.
- Create height with topiaries and tiered centerpieces. Adding height to your Thanksgiving design can add an element of drama or create a more elegant centerpiece. Topiary made from pumpkins or rosemary is an easy way to make your design hit the heights. You can also use tiered dessert servers. Add flower-covered florist foam or fill with fruits and vegetables of the season interwoven with greenery and Berzelia flowers.
These are just a few suggestions to help you create a Thanksgiving centerpiece that reflects your style and expresses your sentiments for this holiday tradition.
Flowers Works is your destination for exquisite and unique Thanksgiving centerpieces for your family gathering. Let our expert designers create the perfect centerpiece that captures the bounty of the season. Contact Flower Works today to order your holiday flowers online. Need it in a hurry? We offer same-day delivery in Marquette, MI, for your holiday arrangements.