Posted on January 02, 2021 by Andrea Forsberg
Nothing lifts the spirits during these long winter months like the sight and smell of tropical plants. However, many people wrongly believe that tropical plants can only be enjoyed during the summer or in areas with warm winter months.
Why You Should Keep Tropical Plants in Your Home
With the proper knowledge and care, many tropical plants can be kept throughout the year.
There are numerous benefits to keeping tropical plants in your home. Here are just a few:
1. Tropical plants offer unique, exotic beauty. Keeping tropical plants might be the best way to bring a taste of the tropics into your home this winter and give you a constant reminder of warmer places.
2. Tropical plants offer many health benefits. As the days get shorter and colder, and the sun rarely shows its face, many people suffer from depression and seasonal affective disorder (SAD). With the added fear and anxiety about COVID outbreaks, safeguarding our mental health is more important than ever. Keeping an exotic plant can bring a lot of joy, reduce anxiety, and restore restful sleep. There are other health benefits of keeping plants indoors, too, including helping you breathe easier.
3. You can move your tropical plants outside during the warmer months. When spring finally arrives, you can move your plants back outside to enjoy fuller sunshine and bring some beauty to your porch or patio.
4. Tropical plants can thrive indoors. Contrary to common belief, many tropical plants can thrive indoors through the winter if they receive the proper care and attention. There are a few things you can do to make sure your tropical plants survive a winter indoors, including:
● Before bringing them inside, inspect leaves and stems for any signs of pests or disease.
● Bring your plants inside before the weather gets too cold so you can leave the windows open at night. This way, the plants can acclimatize to being inside slowly.
● Set them by the brightest window, where they receive the most sun.
● If you don’t have any windows with good sunlight, you can use an artificial plant light instead.
● Keep them away from extreme temperatures. This includes cold drafts or breezes as well as heat sources like radiators.
Keeping a tropical plant indoors can lift your spirits and add exotic beauty and charm to your home this winter. Visit Flower Works’ 1,000-square-foot heated greenhouse filled with tropical plants and choose the perfect one to bring home. Contact us today to learn more about tropical flowers, houseplants, arrangements, and more.
Posted in Clean Air, exotic plants, feel better, Plant, Plants, relax, Urban Jungle, Winter Blues
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
© 2023 Flower Works, LLC. | Disclaimer: To ensure our customers have the best quality arrangement, Flower Works holds the right to substitute any flower or foliage seen based on what is available. Same day delivery is only available during store hours. If an order is received after closing we will ensure it will arrive the next day. | Ecommerce Software by Shopify